Monday 4 June 2012

Clutch Bags.

My best friend recently turned 30 and I wanted to make her a clutch bag that would be big enough for her phone and cards but also classy enough to use for a wedding or a night out.  I searched the net for tutorial and whilst there were heaps, I couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I decided to come up with my own.

Before I attempted my own pattern, I thought I would try a couple of different tutorials I found to get my head around piecing the bags together.

I started with this clutch but I really didn't like the tutorial.  I'm not going to link to it here as I found it difficult to follow and I really didn't like the end result.

The next one I tried was this one from Noodlehead.  Such a simple idea but looks great made up.  I love the way she does the zipper, it takes away so much bulk at the ends.  I had these fabrics in my stash and they work perfectly together.

Here's a look inside the bag at the card slots.

I stumbled across this next tutorial on pinterest and had to give it a go.  This fabric was also in my stash from a few years ago and I love how it turned out with this design.  This is such a simple idea but looks great and very easy to follow.  You can find the full tutorial here.

After these three bags, I was ready to attempt my own.  Here's what I came up with.

Once I had them all made, I couldn't decide out of the bow clutch or my design so I sent both.  I gave her a little sneak peak on facebook to keep her guessing.

This is what she opened up.  I can report back that she loved both purses and said she couldn't decided which to use first.

I'm planning on doing a tutorial for my clutch bag but I have a few projects to get finished over the next little while before I get that blogged.

Happy crafting!
Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment