Sunday 24 June 2012

Just a cheap cardi!

Work, work, work is all I seem to be doing at the moment as we are having a month long sale at work, but I did manage to squeeze a little sewing in today.
I am trying to finish off a few more blocks before I start any new projects, it is rather hard as I keep finding new ideas for a new project.
I did manage to complete a little paper pieced flying geese block though.  Really happy with how it turned out and I managed to get my scraps sorted out and used up a few as well.




I am really enjoying paper piecing at the moment especially these smaller blocks.  I got this one from here.


I also picked up a cardigan from Kmart for $12 and decided to make it pretty.
During the Craft show I picked up some lovely laces and flowers from Pitt Trading and thought they would be perfect for my cheap cardi.

I started with just this plain cardigan


Then stitched on some lace and a flower

And finished with this.....

Add your favorite Little Black Dress and you have a gorgeous cardi for work or for play.

Hope you all had a great weekend and didn't work too hard

SUZ


No comments:

Post a Comment